Hangouts is a mobile application from Google for communication with users and video conferencing. Earlier, this service was called "Google Talk". But in a completely new program for smartphones and tablets, the functionality has been expanded, and the interface changed. Users have access to online chat, image, and file sharing. Also, a video call function has added for up to 10 participants at a time.
The interface of Hangouts made in green and white colors. Sections of the mobile application are intuitively understandable. As soon as you open and authorize the user gets to the main menu with a list of chat rooms. The display shows information about the activity of each user with whom you have previously had a dialogue. In the chat itself, you can make a video call, write a text message, share your emotions, or send a file.
The English language is automatically set when you download, but you can change it in the settings menu if necessary.
- Organization of videoconferences for up to 10 participants simultaneously;
- Free calls to phone numbers if the user uses Hangouts;
- Synchronizing Hangouts Chats on iOS, Android and Windows Devices;
- Send documents, images, animations, and smile via online chat;
- Tracking the status of other users from the contact book;
- Storage of files for a long time and recording of conversations with users.
The functionality of Hangouts is limited to online chat and video conferencing. The developers have never positioned this mobile program for business and corporate use. The application features aimed at personal use and communication with friends, family members, and colleagues.
But at the moment, the functionality of the mobile application requires improvement. Hangouts for Android temporarily does not support voice messaging. It is not possible to send individual messages from the chat to another user. Such modifications create a negative impression of using the application.
Hangouts are compatible with Android smartphones and tablets 8.0 and up. The mobile application is also synchronized with other devices.
Hangouts developed in 2013. Since then, the functionality has changed little. All application features work correctly and stably. But users already have a choice among more advanced services for communication and video conferencing. Therefore, Google representatives have repeatedly stated that Hangouts will soon be replaced by another service for mobile and computer devices.
- It's not possible to share individual chat messages
- Voice messages are temporarily unavailable
- Incorrect display of other participants' status
- Intuitive menu
- Ability to organize free video conferences for up to 10 participants simultaneously
- Call other users by phone number if they have Hangouts installed
- Synchronization of data with different devices
Leave a comment
Your comment is awaiting moderation. We save your draft here